The lifecycle of a cucumber in a BlueLeaves hydroponic planter can vary depending on the specific growing conditions and the variety of cucumber being grown. However, a general timeline from sowing to harvest can be maintain consistent temperature and humidity levels to promote healthy seedling growth.
Seed sowing: Cucumber seeds are sown into a growing medium such as grow cubes, rockwool cubes or peat moss pellets, and placed in a hydroponic system that provides the plant with water, nutrients, and support.
Seed germination: Cucumber seeds usually germinate within 3-7 days after sowing, depending on the temperature and humidity conditions in the environment.
3. Seedling stage: After germination, the seedlings will develop their first true leaves and continue to grow until they are about 3-4 inches tall.
4. Vegetative stage: During this stage, the cucumber plants will continue to grow and develop more leaves and branches. The length of this stage can vary depending on the cultivar and environmental conditions, but it usually lasts for 4-6 weeks.
5. Flowering stage: At this stage, the cucumber plants will begin to produce flowers. Depending on the cultivar, the flowering stage can last from a few days to a few weeks.
6. Fruit development stage: Once the cucumber flowers are pollinated, the fruits will start to develop. This stage usually lasts for 4-6 weeks, during which the fruits will continue to grow and mature.
7. Harvesting: Cucumber fruits are ready to harvest when they reach their mature size and color. The harvesting period can vary depending on the cultivar and the desired size of the fruits.
Some varieties of cucumber are unisexual which have both male and female flowers in the same plant .
Taken pollens from the male flowers gently with the help of small paint brush.
Deposit the pollen on the female flowers carefully.
Seeds that we use are parthenocarpy seeds. They do not require pollination and are seedless.
They contain only female flowers and do not require fertilization to develop fruits.
Produce per plant -3kg/plant
Overall, the life cycle of a cucumber plant in a hydroponic device can take around 8-12 weeks, depending on various factors.